Reliance Jio launches Wifi Calling facility in India after Airtel. It is Jio VoWiFi. Now Jio Customers can make free calls using this technology. Video calls can also be made.
In a press conference, Jio said that the technology of Jio VoWiFi was under testing for several months. Finally, they are going to deliver it to the customers. Jio also gave bad news for Jio customers. All phones can not use this technology. They released a list of 150 phones which can use that new feature. Free calls can only be made from those phones.
With this technology, customers can call any phone number using Wifi. The service will be launched in the country from 16th January.
Akash Ambani said, “At Jio, we are constantly innovating to enhance customer experience or solve their problems. At this juncture, when an average Jio consumer uses over 900 minutes of voice calls every month, and at a growing base of consumers, the launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will further enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network”.
Here is the list of Jio Wi-Fi Calling or Jio VoWiFi Compatible Handsets:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
- Coolpad Coolplay 6, Mega 5, Mega 5C
- Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
- Infinix Hot 7 Pro, Smart 3 Plus, Hot 6 Pro, Infinix S4
- Mobiistar C1, C1 Shine, C2, X1 Selfie, X1 Notch
- Lava Z61, Z92, Z60s, Z81
- Tecno Camon i4, Camon I Sky, Camon iTwin
- Vivo V11, V11 Pro, V15, V15 Pro, V9, V9 Pro, Y81, Y81i, Y91, Y91i, Y93, Y95, Y15, Y17, Y91, Z1 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F1
- Intel S42
- Motorola Moto G6