Precautions for Paracetamol– how many of us really take this into consideration? Many people take paracetamol when the body temperature rises or they feel a slight fever. Paracetamol is probably the safest drug to cure fever and pain! That is why this drug is widely used in our country without being worried about the side effects. In a busy life, people don’t have any time to lie at home in fever. Therefore, many leave for school, college or work taking paracetamol.
However, according to doctors, it is better not to eat fever medicine unless the body temperature is above 101° Fahrenheit. Because the viral fever itself recovers. Only rest and adequate liquid lite food can make you well. Taking paracetamol in case of a slight increase in temperature and in mild pain in the body might be proven very dangerous.
Let’s find out some precautions about paracetamol that is very important to know:
- In most cases, Paracetamol is used to get relief from any kind of physical pain. Paracetamol is very effective in headache, throat pain, muscle pain, dental pain, menstruation cramp etc. It is sold without a doctor’s prescription and can be purchased by anyone. But it is absolutely inappropriate to use paracetamol without doctor’s advice.
- Paracetamol is very effective in headache, throat, muscle pain, dental pain, menstruation etc. Adults should take one paracetamol 500mg tablet or two tablets on occasion.
- Within 24 hours, doctors advise taking paracetamol three to four times a day if necessary.
- We should be very careful about paracetamol dosage as the precautions. Paracetamol can be taken for up to three days in acute pain or fever. In three days If the problem does not go away, consult a doctor immediately.
- The side effects of paracetamol are usually not severe. However, children should be given paracetamol according to their diameter and weight. Therefore, in the case of paracetamol feeding of children, it is necessary to consult a doctor first.
- Eating more than 4000mg of paracetamol should be avoided. Because it can cause a risk of serious kidney and liver damage.
- A group of researchers at Uppsala University in Sweden claim that excessive consumption of paracetamol during pregnancy without a doctor’s advice can trigger Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) of the child.
- When buying paracetamol, you must verify the expiry date and verify that it is original or fake.