For centuries, flax seeds have been used for their health-protective properties. There have many health benefits of flax seeds.
Let’s know one teaspoon of flax seeds contain what properties:
- Calories: 37
- Protein: 1.3 gram
- Carbs: 2 gram
- Fiber: 1.9 gram
- Total Fat: 3 gram
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 gram
- Monosaturated Fat: 0.5 gram
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: 1597 mg
- Vitamin B1: 8% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 2% of the RDI
- Folate: 2% of the RDI
- Calcium: 2% of the RDI
- Iron: 2% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
- Potassium: 2% of the RDI
Linoleic acid in flax seeds helps to prevent many heart diseases. It also helps to control cholesterol levels in the blood.
It’s found in some research that flax seeds have a large amount of ‘Phytoestrogenic Ligona’ which prevents the formation of cancer cells in the blood. People who are suffering from high blood pressure can have tea of flax seeds.
Here is how to make Flaxseed tea:
- Heat one and a half cup of water in medium heat.
- When water will be boiled add one teaspoon of flax seeds and boil it again for 5 minutes more.
- Now cool the tea down and then add 1 teaspoon honey to it and taste it.